Research Technician Fellowship
Fellowship Reference: BTI-03-2016
Main field: Environmental Sciences
One Fellowship is opened in the framework of the project “Novel Anaerobes”
1. Requirements for admission: High school graduation (12th grade). We look for a motivated, enthusiastic, creative, skilful and hardworking person, with excellent communication skills (oral and written). Previous experience in lab management is required. Communication in English is a plus.
2. Work plan: General management tasks including, but not restricted to: maintenance of equipment, routine laboratory analysis (chemical, molecular and microbiological), purchases of chemicals and materials.
3. Legislation framework: Portuguese Law Nr. 12/2013, from 29 January (Research Grant Holder Statute); Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. Fellowships Regulation of 2015.
4. Place of work: The work will be developed at the Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal, under the scientific guidance of Professor Madalena Alves.
5. Fellowship duration: This position is opened for 3 months, eventually renewed for additional periods, and will begin on September 15th, 2016.
6. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts will be 565 euro per month, according the, values of FCT (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The grant holder will have a personal accident insurance and, if not covered by any social protection scheme can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social. The scholarships will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
7. Selection method: Candidates will be assessed by the quality and suitability of their CV. Pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview. CV will account for 60% and interview for 40%.
8. Selection Committee: Madalena Alves (President), Ana Júlia Cavaleiro and Maria Alcina Pereira.
9. Publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will become public, through a final grade ordered list which will be posted at the entrance hall of the Department of Biological Engineering and on the website: www.ceb.uminho.pt. All the candidates will be notified by email.
10. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from August 18, 2016 to August 29, 2016.
11. Application: Applications may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by attaching the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificates of academic degrees, and a motivation letter.