Fellowship Reference: BD-04-2016
The project "PhD Program in Chemical and Biological Engineering" (ref: NORTE-08-5369-FSE-000052) opens 1 PhD scholarship position with the financial support of ESF – European Social Fund, under Programa Operacional Regional do Norte – Norte2020, under the following conditions:
Admission requirements: Candidates to the PhD in Chemical and Biological Engineering shall have pre-bologna Licenciatura degree (4-5 years), or the post-bologna Integrated Master degree or equivalent, from institutions other than Universidade do Minho, in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or similar areas. Besides the admission criteria mentioned above, also the interests in the research lines and topics available in the PhD programme will be considered. An essay written by the candidate on state of purpose evaluates this parameter.
Students must show language (English) skills through the presentation of an official diploma (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge FCE, Cambridge-Michigan ECCE and ECPE; grading over 60%) or through statement of knowledge. Only Portuguese citizens or foreign citizens with permanent residence in Portugal may apply to this PhD grants call.
Deadline for application and presentation of applications:
The call will be open from 15th August to 8th September 2016.
Applications must be sent to the following email address: bolsas (Contact person: Prof. Eugénio C. Ferreira). Please make sure to mark in the “Subject” field of your email “CEB-BD-04-2016”.
No other method of submission is available.
(1) Motivation letter including an essay written by the candidate on state of purpose;
(2) Detailed CV (referring to research experience, and attaching relevant documents such as diploma copies and classifications, transcript of records, copies of publications, work experience, etc.);
(3) English language certificate or statement of knowledge;
(4) Two letters of reference;
(5) If foreign citizen, proof of permanent residence in Portugal.
More details in attachment.